I won't bore you with a review since Vicky and Jean have already done great ones but I will tell you my likes and dislikes.
Let's start with the Colletta coat:
- I do love the feminine details of the coat- especially the cuff on the sleeves and the cinching details of the back (so cute).
- The color- Cobblestone- clearly was the right choice for me and I am so glad I didn't settle. I have been eyeing the Cobblestone since day one!
- The length is just about 1" shorter than where I normally wear my skirts/dresses which I like.
Here is a sideview of both coats:
Colletta Coat: (-)
- I look sort of preggy from the sideview which is NOT good.
- The collar sticks straight up and touches my face (which I cannot stand). I have a thing about things touching my face- that's why I don't have bangs and always pull my hair away from my face in photos. So I know this is going to bother me.
I went through A LOT to get this Lady Day Coat in cobblestone. It was the day after Vicky had gotten my Coletta coat but I was just determined to get the Lady Day coat in 0P to compare. I was literally checking every single morning, afternoon and night. Refreshing my page- oh the things we do for fashion! On the last day of the sale, I laid there restless and knew that J.Crew updated their inventory every morning around 6:00 EST which is 3:00 am PST, so luckily, I had my nifty iPad next to my night stand and was able to check it out and low and behold, my 0P in cobblestone popped up and I snagged it immediately. Even though it had thinsulate, I didn't care. So both coats were very hard to find and am glad I got both to compare otherwise I would forever be wondering:)
- I love the sleekness of the design. It's simple and elegant and great for my business.
- I love the collar because it's sits away from my face and lays flat. The sleeves fit perfectly which is amazing!!!!
Lady Day Coat:(-)
- The thinsulate is great for someone in colder weather but for CA- it might be too much. It's definitely heavier than the non-thinsulate when you carry it but once you put it on, you hardly notice the weight.
- The length is a bit longer than the Coletta which I am not sure if I like or not (?).
I also got the Colletta coat in Hunter Green by accident thinking Vicky got me the Coletta with thinsulate so I saw a 0P non thinsulate and wanted to compare it with. Once I re-read her email, I realized she scooped up the non-thinsulate for me! I got a bit too excited..hehehe Please email me if you are interested otherwise I will be returning it:)
I am completely torn. I don't have ANY nice coats so I will be def keeping one for sure. Ideally, I would love the Lady Day Coat in non-thinsulate but that's not going to happen so I am more than happy with these choices.